Sunday, February 14, 2016

Late Holiday Sweater

It took me more time than anticipated to finish a holiday sweater for my nephew. The yarn, Lion Brand Pound of Love, was really weird. It wasn't quite a worsted, but was larger than a DK, and just knit up oddly. I don't think I'd ever use it again. None of the hats or mittens that I made with it turned out the right size (they were all too small) and I just was not happy knitting with it. I have to find something to do with the leftovers; I want it out of my stash!


Pattern: Boys Can Wear Pink! (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love in Pastel Blue and Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool DK in Great Lakes
Needles: US6/4.0mm and US8/5.0mm
Timeframe: December 1, 2015 - January 15, 2016
Mods: Used the smaller needle for the inside of the turned hems and the neck ribbing.
Problems: The yarn is odd. The body is a bit big, but the sleeves seem fine. Strange, very strange.
 
I realized after I put it on that the tie is not in a superwash yarn. I really, really hope that it doesn't shrink when washed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!