Friday, February 26, 2016

Neon Ski Bonnet, Finished

I showed off fixing the cable for my Neon Ski Bonnet before, but didn't show off the final hat. This was another thing I finished in India, then wore nonstop for a couple of days. My only complaint is that this yarn isn't really a worsted weight, it's a bit small, and it shrinks back up after repeated wear. It's great for a few days after a wet block and very warm. I love it, and I can tell you the color is much brighter, but I wish the yarn had either been a real worsted or kept its shape better.


Pattern: Neon Ski Bonnet (Ravelry mine)
Yarn: Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool Worsted in Turquoise
Needles: US7/4.5mm
Timeframe: November 16 - December 30, 2015
Mods: Stopped cabled band 1/2 row early in order to pick up stitches without breaking yarn, picked up an extra stitch on either side as a selvedge for the garter band, added an extra 1/2 repeat to give the hat depth and picked up 8 extra stitches for garter band, worked extra rows on the garter band.
Problems: None!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!