Monday, April 3, 2017

Wasn't feeling it

I'm a sucker for mystery -alongs. Cross stitch, knitting, crochet, I love 'em. Usually I'm a fan, but every so often they just don't work out. Like this one:


About this point, four and a half clues in, I decided I preferred the back as the right side for the eyelets. Since this is a garter stitch scarf/shawl, it almost wasn't a problem. There is just that one section of elongated stitches.


So I ripped back and re-knit that section. Much better. Then this happened:


I don't generally wind my yarn and it's not usually a problem. This time, I got to wind most of the skein by hand. I wasn't loving the scarf/shawl and the yarn was obviously less than perfectly cooperative. I should have started with bigger needles, but if I went back now, I wasn't going to go on.


This is about halfway through the 9th clue of 10. That ball of yarn is still pretty big. It's 62.5 grams. That was the last straw. I didn't love how it was turning out and had far too much left in the skein to finish it off for the gift pile.


Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!