Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stuffed Things

I knit two stuffed things for my nephew, and one for me! First off, my Celestine, a finished object I love to death though I probably wouldn't knit it again. A bit more fiddly than it's worth, in my opinion:


Pattern: Celestine (Ravelry)
Yarn: Knit Picks Telemark in Columbine
Needles: US2.5/3.0mm
Timeframe: November 2 - 29, 2011
Mods: None.
Problems: Only that it was a more time-consuming knit than I'd anticipated. I thought I'd roll right through it and have a lovely finished product in a couple of days, maybe make a second one and give the blue one to my nephew. Nope! Took me most of a month!

What I actually made for my nephew for Christmas was a lovely little knitted ball from my Patons Classic Wool scraps, and inside I added a bell I found at the 100 yen shop so it rattles nicely:


Pattern: Braided Ball
Yarn: Various Patons Classic Wool scraps, under 15 grams per color, six colors.
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: November 27 - 30
Mods: Did a 3-needle bindoff rather than sewing the strips together.
Problems: None, lovely little pattern, now I'd like to try a felted version!

And for his birthday, I have made the creepiest elephant ever, from a combination of bad yarn choices and running out of said bad yarn while knitting. Also breaking my last needle felting needle while felting in the last eye after midnight the night before it had to be on a 6:20 AM bus out the door so I didn't have to pay to ship it.

Pattern: Elephante (Ravelry)
Yarn: The last of my Navy and Bright Red Patons Classic wool, also some Rich Red
Needles: US4/3.5mm
Timeframe: November 30, 2011 - January 11, 2012
Mods: Braided rather than I-corded tail, used a popular ear modification, did odd things with the colors, used long tails from casting on as the sewing thread.
Problems: Only bad decisions and finishing it at the last-minute with one last needle felting needle, from the 100 yen store no less. Of course it was going to break, I knew it the minute I realized I only had one left!


See what I mean about the odd color scheme?
He is adorable from this angle though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!