Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cat Stuff Roundup

I made a few cat related things that I haven't blogged about. They're sitting in the sidebar at 100%. I've photographed all of them, I just need to discuss them, so here we are:


I keep my yarn in plastic bins. These bins are the perfect height for the cats to sit at the windows, and they love it. To make it more comfortable for them, I've made a fair few kitty beds that they can sit and sleep on. It also helps to pick up a lot of their shed hair so I can just toss the beds into the washer every so often and keep things a bit cleaner. The blue one is the 4th time I've made the 1 Skein Pet Bed pattern, and probably just about the last. It also first appeared during February Frenzy. The black one is the same pattern as the cat cage blankets I made for the local shelter last year.


Pattern: 1 Skein Pet Bed (Ravelry, mine)
Yarn: Caron One Pound
Hook: 6.5 mm/USK
 Timeframe: February 20 - 24, 2013
Mods: Different hook, added three more increase rows, did two layers.
Problems: None, though I think if I were to make any more, I'd use a smaller hook for the last few rows of the part that is supposed to stand up. It really doesn't stay up with use.


Pattern: 1 Skein Pet Bed (mine)
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in black
Hook: 6.5 mm/USK
 Timeframe: October 23 - December 12, 2012
Mods: The original is for cat cages, so I lengthened it and used an hdc border instead of sc.
Problems: None. It's really not as bow-tie-shaped as it appears, it had been used quite a bit by the time I photographed it!


I needed a quick project for a Harry Potter prompt a few months ago, so I made another mouse and two more ice cream cone toys:

 
Yarn: Japanese wool scraps, Lion Brand Fun Fur
Needles: US8/5.0mm
Timeframe: January 19 - 27, 2013
Mods: Worked 'til square instead of following set row numbers.
Problems: None! 
 
 
Pattern: Ice Cream Cone Cat Toy (Ravelry, mine)
Yarn: Craftmax Classic Merino Aran クラシック・メリノ 並太 (from Japan)
Hook: 3.75 mm/USF
 Timeframe: January 12, 2013
Mods: None!
Problems: None!


Hook: 5.5 mm/USI
 Timeframe: March 24 - 28, 2013
Mods: Doubled the yarn and made it larger to try to felt it for a longer lifespan. It didn't felt too well.
Problems: None!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!