Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Frog Pond Has Followed Me

I had a few misfires last month. Apparently it was not limited to last month:


This is going to be a felted oven mitt (Nova Felted Mittens). I followed the instructions, got a couple inches in, and then wondered why the needles felt odd. Susan Bates DPNs have gold needles for both US10 and US8. I know this. I have a needle gauge to check for such things. I obviously did not use the gauge when pulling out the needles for the project, as I had three US10s and two US8s. Oops.

I also thought I'd finish a sweater (Grettir) to wear for my dissertation proposal defense on Friday. Wednesday, I cast on the wrong number for the second sleeve and didn't realize until I was a few inches in. Rrrrrrriiiiip. It'll be done soon, but was not done for Friday. I've had excellent luck in nearly all other aspects of my life, so if all the bad luck is contained in my knitting, I'm not going to complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!