Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thujas of 2013

The year is not yet half over, but I don't anticipate knitting any more of these in 2013! Longtime readers will know that my preferred gift pattern is Thuja, a simple worsted-weight sock with an excellent ribbed pattern that fits any foot and is very comfortable and warm. I had some people write me some very important letters of recommendation recently, so of course they all got socks:



Pattern: Thuja from Knitty (Ravelry)
Yarn: Purples: Dark Horse Fantasy in 82/purple
Brown: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Mushroom
Blues: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Denim Twist
Needles: US6/4.0mm
Timeframe: Four done in April, one in May, varying timespans
Mods: None.
Problems: None. Love this pattern so, so, so much!

They were all wrapped like this to be gifted

I was also very pleased to note that I only needed one skein of the Denim Twist Wool-Ease for a pair of socks. I originally purchased it to make an estimated Men's size US 12 pair of socks and assumed I'd need more than one skein. I ended up using 87 grams; luckily the first skein was 89 grams instead of the labeled 85. That let me get away with using yarn I already owned without considering some kind of striping or contrasting cuff/toe scheme for the fourth pair. Already have the yarn for a new project when I thought I'd need to go shopping? Major win in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!