Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Admitting it....

This sock, it is not working:


Gorgeous, yes. I love the yarn, it's Cascade Heritage Silk. However, I am definitely knitting the wrong size. I'm knitting the Medium, for a 12" calf circumference, and my calves are not 12". I like a bit of negative ease, but this is too much. It technically fits, but is definitely stretched and doesn't like going over my heel much due to the cables on the diagonal.

Of course, I realized this at the beginning - I chose medium because it fit my food, but what I should have done was knit the large calf and decreased to a medium foot. Instead of being smart and re-printing the correct pages at the outset when I realized it, but I didn't and thought it might fit anyway. Technically it does. Technically.

Now it's on a stitch holder, I'm not ripping back yet because it's for the Loopy Ewe Summer Camp. Instead, I'll knit the other one on the other skein in the correct size, see how much time I have left, and decide if I finish the sock to finish the project on time and rip and re-knit later, or if I have enough time to re-do it before the deadline.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!