Friday, August 19, 2011

Camp Loopy Project 2 - Hiking in the Mountains

Finished and Not Finished. This project's theme was warm accessories for hiking in the mountains, specifically patterns with cables, either mittens, gloves, or socks. I chose socks, if you'll recall. I then had a bit of a problem. After realizing the first sock was not working, I put it on a stitch holder and started the second sock, size large, with a size small-plus-4-stitches foot. I should have added another inch by using the 3-stitch bars between the cables modification used to make the size medium, but then I'd've had to deal with figuring out where the decreases need to go to flow into the foot correctly, and that was just more work than I wanted to deal with. At 13", it's still a bit tighter than it should be, because with the cables on the diagonal, there is not much give, but it fits better than the 12" and doesn't look like it's obviously wrong.


I have finished off both socks at this point, for the Loopy Ewe Summer Camp, but I am going to rip back and re-knit the smaller sock to match the larger one. It's going in the WIP pile for the time being, and I probably won't get around to touching it again until after all the Christmas presents are done. Sigh. I love the color and how they look, I just wish I'd re-printed the pattern in the larger size when I first thought I might need to do that! Knitting intuition, it seems I have it but don't listen. Still. Finished two-sock pictures, but no final details because, well, it's not actually finished yet! This brings me up to three socks and one glove that are sitting pair-less in my WIP basket. Not only do I not have an excellent new pair of socks, I also have an increasing yarn count this month because this is not a finished project. Very, very sad indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!