Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Camp Loopy Project 1 - Campfire Nights

For this one, the rules were a two-color shawl, scarf, or wrap of some sort to keep you warm while sitting around the campfire on the cooler summer evenings. For these projects, if you bought all your yarn from The Loopy Ewe, you would win some Wollmeise at the end, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I limited myself to things that were already in my Ravelry queue (not very limiting, over 700 patterns right now) that I did not already have yarn for. This first project took only two 50-gram skeins of sock yarn, enough for a pair of socks, and was perfect for the conference I had in Denmark:


A nice, quick, easy project. I was disappointed in the yarn somewhat, as the ball I got was absolutely gorgeous on the outside, but only had that gorgeous stretch of colors on the outside of the ball. Nowhere else was there quite the same purple color. I do like the finished product anyway, but would have liked a colorway that was more like what I thought it'd be rather than the heavily green stripes I got. The scarf did serve its purpose quite well on a hiking trip up a local mountain:


This is a cute little triangular shawl and was really easy to work on without looking at it - which means I have two places where I didn't slip the colored stitch correctly. Whoops! Well, I won't be entering it in a fair and the only person who will notice will be me (and you if you remember and try to spot the errors) so I'm not all that fussed.



Pattern: Aham's Scarf
Yarn: Jojoland Melody Superwash in Amethyst Emerald and The Loopy Ewe Solid Series in Black, one skein of each
Needles: US3/3.25mm
Timeframe: June 20 - 30, 2011
Mods: Only in the edging. Did the edging in a different manner based on available yarn and used M1L/M1R for the increases there. Go here for additional edging info if desired. I kind of wish I'd done the solid increases for the entire scarf, at least for the center increases, but no real issues there. It's only obvious when it was laid out to block, not so much when scrunched up in use.
Problems: No real problems, just the couple of non-slipped stitches that were supposed to be slipped.


See the gorgeous dark purple to light purple band along the outside near the edging? Yeah, that's what I thought it would be more like, with just a little bit of green peeking through. Obviously not. It's grown on me though and now I'm really happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!