Monday, June 6, 2011

Box Bag

No Monday polish. It was one of those days where you're moving in slow motion, but the clock is not. I hate it when that happens. Tuesday's polish, however has not yet been seen on this blog:


It's Revlon's Creme #263, Maroon. Not a good picture, but also not a good polish job. It's a nice, thick polish that will cover up the purple so I can be lazy and not remove it first. As usual.

I got those last two seams squared away last night:


Materials: Recycled kimono fabric (both lining and outer fabric), medium-ish interfacing, invisible zipper. As in, the teeth are invisible. It's kind of obvious where the zipper itself is.
Mods/Problems: Only stupidity. My own, not the pattern's. See below.


Is it perfect? Heck no! Since the seams were not lining up, no matter what I did (I hate when that happens) I took some advice and cut squares from the corners, giving me straight seams to sew across when I folded the edges. Stupidly, I cut along the sewing line, instead of giving it a seam allowance. Whoops. You can't really tell, unless you're scrutinizing it; I gave it a 1/4" seam so it's not too different from the other side. Is it cute? Yup, I think so! Is it done? You bet'cha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!