Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mmmm, delicious!

No polish so far this week, as jet lag seems to be where I'm at. I did however decide that I should try to make marshmallows. Of course, I needed more invert syrup in order to make marshmallows, since I don't like to use corn syrup. You only need a small amount for marshmallows. The amount I make is more than a bit larger than the container I have for it, so I had to make something else too (or use a second container). I made orange lollipops. They were really good, until I popped them off the counter and put them all in the same pile. Then I ended up with one giant lollipop with bamboo skewers sticking out of it at odd angles. Stupid Kanazawa humidity.


I did make the marshmallows too, using toasted coconut flavoring instead of peppermint and rolling some in coconut flakes and the rest in a powdered sugar/cornstarch mix. Funny story about that flavor, I bought almond extract, but when I used it, it did not taste like almond extract. It tastes like toasted coconut. Not sure why exactly, but I went with it and now have it for any occasion where I might want such a flavor. Like when I want to try to make marshmallows but don't know if they'll come out right. They did by the way, and I definitely see myself making more of these and lollipops for things like winter parties - peppermint, raspberry, or orange flavored marshmallows for hot chocolate? Homemade Peeps? Yes, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!