Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Project!

Polish:


This one is a clear topcoat, Wet'n'Wild's 401, Clear Nail Protector. I like the current color, and it's not yet chipping, so I decided to keep and protect it for another day. Fingers crossed that the topcoat dries quickly and doesn't cause major smudging instead!

I started the next scarf last week, and have been working on it while walking to and from work as well as while reading e-mails and scholarly papers at work:


I got four skeins for each of the four scarves I'm making this year, thinking that for this one the thinner yarn would compensate for the wider pattern. Apparently, it does not compensate enough! I am nearly out of the first two skeins, and I'm not even done with the first pattern yet. Of course, I got this yarn at the further, more awesome craft store, so I can't just pop in after work to grab more. I was planning to go sometime soon to see if they have a good backing fleece fabric for the blanket, or if I have to order some online, so it's not a major problem. I just won't finish the scarf before leaving for my conference next Friday like I was hoping.

Since I'm putting the scarf on hold until I have the new yarn, I decided to cast on one of the smaller projects I had set aside for the conference. Yes, my conference yarn is already set aside. Don't judge me! Maybe I can finish this pair of Thujas before I go and take the scarf as a replacement small project instead of taking both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!