Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 2: Copenhagen

Well, the flight was long, but I made it! I also made the black Thujas, the necklace, and nearly finished the Moonrise Illusion. They had some good movies, and I had a couple of good books too.

The Moonrise Illusion is done now, and took less than half of the yarn I purchased for it. Good, because it allowed me to finish it in a timely manner, and bad, because it isn't taking all that much from the yarn tally and adding to the project-less stash, which I don't like. Stash with a purpose is not a problem, stash sans ideas, not so good.

It's a bit rainy here, but the bed is AMAZING! and I have a fridge in the room, so as soon as I can get to a grocery store (they have bad hours here) I'll be buying some pickles and turkey, and other things I can't easily get in Japan.
 
At the convenience store last night, I had my first Kinder Egg, a large chocolate egg surrounding a large plastic container that holds a surprise toy inside. Illegal in the US because of the no not-food inside food regulations, though I seriously doubt anyone could eat the surprise. It's huge and not exactly food-like:


I also got a pint of Ben and Jerry's, another awesome thing you cannot get in Japan, but didn't get a spoon at the convenience store. Luckily the hotel has a small kitchen with silverware. Strangely, the available spoons are reminiscent of Goldilocks - one was waaaaaaaaay too big and the other one probably wouldn't hold the coconut chunks inside the ice cream:


I chose to use the shovel. For now, I'm going to finish up the last couple rows on the Moonrise Illusion and cast on Aham's Scarf. The bus for today's conference activities leaves in 1.5 hours, so I have enough time to go over my presentation one more time, finish the Illusion knit, and start the other one to bring for the opening remarks before heading out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!