Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I crack me up

I realized I have a lot of things I should do, such that I really should write a to-do list. I used to write lists all the time but then I stopped and haven't gotten in the habit again. I also forget to do things and/or get things done later than they should be done much more often now. I really should start making lists again. Really really.

Anyway, in e-mailing myself the list of things that need to be done and things that should be done, I found it to be pretty hilarious. Dinner is leftover pasta with zucchini and squash, just needs cucumbers for a side cucumber salad (heavy splash of vinegar and sprinkle of sesame seeds over very thin cucumber medallions is delicious as a side dish!). Won't need to do much there, but there are quite a few other things that should get my attention. I think I need to start focusing on realism when it comes to my time and capabilities:

Tonight:

Grocery shopping (cucumbers, Pepsi, powdered sugar, eggs)
Stretch calves!!!
Check hiking book
E-mail E
E-mail C
Ride for Saturday?
Choose clasps (1 - 3 sets, check Mom's e-mail) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_n_1?me=A1HP5MJPHWV3WI&rh=n%3A357131011%2Cn%3A357132011%2Cn%3A2299798011%2Cn%3A2299801011%2Cn%3A2299808011&bbn=357131011&ie=UTF8&qid=1309152763)
Fabric.com order (http://www.amazon.com/Wide-WinterFleece-Charcoal-Fabric-Yard/dp/B003T1G4C0/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&m=A1HP5MJPHWV3WI&s=arts-crafts&qid=1309148557&sr=1-38)
Chocolate frosting (http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/06/dobos-torte/)
Frost cake
Cake balls with trimmed edges?
Call TrueCredit if can't sleep
Pictures
E-mail S
Blog Post
Block Stuff (5 projects)
Photograph all 12 in 2011 finishes (necklace, Lee's mask, striped socks)
Photograph other wintery finishes while you're at it
Also the flowers
Do Ikebana
Photograph those too
Water the flowers so they don't die
Maybe decide if the other things are weeds and pull them while you're out there
Since we're already in the realm of pretty much impossible, hem the purple shirt and mark the buttonholes for both
If I get that far, may as well do the buttonholes
Decide which shirt is nicer, short sleeves on that one, no sleeves for the other
Hopefully haven't run out of thread, put shirts and buttons onto growing pile of things to handsew
Iron in sock patches since I'll be using the ironing board already
Personal blog post (x a billionty)
Resist the urge to play with Blogger templates
Finish $ report

Of course, posting this list means I've got one of the last few things on the list done already before even starting most of the first bunch. Or doing the grading and lesson preparations for Friday that I should be doing now. Priorities! Mine are not healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog!